Duration: 3 days
Outcomes: By the end of this training session, the student will be familiar with RouterOS software and RouterBOARD products and be able to connect the client to the Internet. He will also be able to configure, manage, do basic troubleshooting of a MikroTik router and provide basic services to clients.
Target audience: Network engineers and technicians wanting to deploy and support:
– Corporate networks
– Client CPEs (WISPs and ISPs)
Course prerequisites: The student must have a good understanding of TCP/IP and subnetting.
Suggested reading: Search for “ipv4 tutorial”
Test yourself with the ‘example test’ on: https://www.mikrotik.com/client/trainingSessions
- Basic of accessing the device for the first time.
- Using the command line interface, initial connectivity configuration, updating RouterOS, license management, as well as using Netinstall.
- Basic routing concepts as well as static routing including how to set the default route.
- Bridges and the concepts behind them.
- How to setup a wireless link, the different wireless modes, and NV2 configuration.
- Tools available when setting up a wireless network.
- Network management
- ARP modes
- DHCP server setup and different RouterOS tools (BT test, BT server, ping, traceroute)
- How to generate a supout.rif
- Basic chain principals
- Filter actions
- Network Address Translation
- QoS queues
- Simple Queues
- IP pools
- Securing your local network
At the end of the course there will be time for review and questions before the test is administered.